Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A Few Reasons Why I Find My Mother Hilarious

3 songs one the radio which actually cause her to TURN THE VOLUME UP:
Lonely - Akon
Welcome To My Life - Simple Plan
Untitled - Simple Plan

The other day while driving around, too, she upped the sound on "Right Here Waiting For You", you know that love song...yea. But otherwise, NO RADIO WHILE DRIVING. BAD.

Then, today, when she decided to take over grade 11 Bible class, the discussion was on Success (and so was English class, too, I swear those things are so rigged.). She was asking us to give names of a few successful people, and give a reason why they were famous. After Cathy said "Donald Trump, he has buildings named after him.", Amay raises her hand and goes "Fifty Cent......?"
My Mom: "Huh?"
Amay: "Fifty Cent."
My Mom: "Okaaay, but...what's fifty cents got to do with anything?"
(and the whole class burst out laughing and the baby-boom generation)
Amay: " Fifty Cent, he's a singer."
My Mom: "Oh...Okay. Then what makes a singer successful?"

And the discussion went on from there, until the time when apparantly we weren't speaking loudly enough so my mother decided it was imperative that she demonstrate how loudly she meant when she said "I want you to say this line, all of you, loud enough so that the people on the rugby field can hear you!", and she then proceeded to do just that. I don't think I've ever heard a sound quite like that, and I couldn't say what THAT is, because it's indescribable, come to think of it. Just picture my mother, if you know her, picture her personality, and then imagine her demonstrating loud screaming to a group of very timid teenagers. Yea. Enough said.

Did I mention she was really hyper, too? Uh huh. Yes, my mother was hyper. It started the night before when we'd gone out for Chinese to celebrate her finishing her degree in Educational Administration from University of Pheonix Online. She was twirling her chopsticks around her head and laughing and talking an uncharacteristical amount, as well as other strange behaviours. LeeAnne and myself were frightened, to say the least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home