Saturday, October 08, 2005

"Changes, that's just the way it is...things will never be the same..." - Changes, by Tupac Shakur

Two days ago a ginourmous change occurred in my life. One that will change and mould my future in this world. My future physical health as well as mental, my social habits and tastes as well as the path I shall choose to take to venture into the world when it comes due time. For the last 3 months I'd been giving it a thought during a spare few minutes here or there. But nothing was ever decided for sure, because it was still so far away (and yet so close I could tripped over it while staring at my feet). It was just like a fantasy thought of a holiday in a far away place... close enough to be a tangible thought, although the thought of it actually taking place is ludicrous. You sit around and think of all the wonderful things that would happen to you, spending countless hours doing this becaues you can safely dwell on it without it becoming a reality. And as usual, when you sit around thinking of all the wonderful things that could take place, you either forget or just plain ignore those horrible things which could also happen. But when this fanciful fantasy DOES come true, to your horror, you screetch to a halt with all things floaty and wonderful, and instead all things evil and dark and mortifying run in faster than any analogy I can currently think of. When someone told me this shattering news, it kept and still does torment me, drowning my ears and my mind, holding on and sucking all the life-force out of me. There are people who I want to tell, but I don't for fear that they won't care.
Now, I think I may have an inkling of how those people feel when diagnosed with a termincal illness in movies and are only given 2 months to live. That is exactly how my life feels, albeit there's no terminal illness involved (knock wood). I want to run everywhere and do everything and talk to everyone I never got hte chance to. I want to experience the things I will never be able to do again. I want to go to the places I've heard so much about but was never able to do. I wish that I could say the things I long to without being laughed at, as it would be my last chance to share a phenomenal gift and bond. And something I want to do most of all, is tell people how I care about them and share my thoughts and feelings with them, because either they've forgotten or they don't care.
What would you do if you only had 2 months to live...PLEASE, people, leave comments this time. Even if you are someone new or old or just passing through, take 5 minutes and share your thoughts, because I'm much interested in your feedback.

3 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger GEORGE! said...

what is wrong?

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

yeah- what is it that happened??

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mom, u ok???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home